Monday, November 28, 2016

November is Coming to a Close

November's challenge of 100 push-ups, squats, and crunches is coming to a close.

I am completely astounded at myself but I am glad it is ending.  This challenge bored me and did not give me the fulfillment I felt when I purged my stuff.

What is odd to me is that I like working out.

I like the way my body feels when it has been worked and the muscles are tired...but this wasn't quite enough.

To ramp it up a little I did start a 30 day cleanse and fat flush through Isagenix.  A friend of mine talked about how great she felt and how she loved the feeling of having her body be more alkaline...so I joined up.

                                          Image result for isagenix fat flush presidents pak

This helped make November a little more interesting.  Thus far I have lost 1 inch off of my waist (that was in 8 days AND with Thanksgiving in there).

I don't say that to brag but just to mention that it took a small lifestyle change to help flush out some of the fat that I've been hanging onto with the three children I birthed (I wasn't genetically blessed to bounce back into pre-baby shape like Gisele Bunchen).

The cleanse has helped me feel better about myself, I have more energy and don't crave sweets or copious amounts of food as I did in the past.

After this 30 day period is over, somewhere around mid-December I will start a second cleanse (why stop a good thing???) but what I am hoping is that it will keep me on track and that holiday indulgences won't be so great and I won't start the new year thinking how upset I am by all of the stuff that I ate.

My challenge next month, along with the cleanse, is to mail a note to a friend everyday.  My husband asked "Do you have that many friends?"  Yes silly boy I have 31 people I would love to send a message to and let them know how much they mean to me and that I really appreciate their friendship.

To prepare myself I already have the post cards (they are ones that I made from a photo I took of some roses)...the picture always makes me happy and hopefully it will do the same for my friends.

The only other thing I need to do is go buy some stamps...yep I am going to handwrite the messages..I think it makes it a little more personal even though e-mail is so darn convenient.

Do you ever send or receive actual letters anymore?  Does it make you feel a little extra special to know someone had to go to a little extra work to send you that message?

No comments:

Post a Comment