Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy 2017 A New Year and a New Challenege

Happy New Year to you all...hopefully your holidays were merry and bright.

I had a wonderful time taking some time off and spending it at home with my family...no travel hustle and bustle...just fun around the house (and a little work...after all the garden won't get ready by itself).

The last of my cards were sent off for December and I'm a little sad to see them end, true though I could keep it up but I also want to give plenty of attention to this month's challenge:

Take a Photo a Day that Brings Me Joy

I am keeping account of my pictures through Instragram should you want to follow me here.

Day 1 I took a photo of my oldest, he's 14 and well sometimes doesn't like to cooperate, however this photo captures him succinctly.  He loves grabbing a coffee with me and SOMETIMES checking his phone.


Day 2 was a photo of a recently purchased book on homesteading and a beautiful moleskin notebook I got from one my favorite bloggers, Lisa.  I wanted to take notes of some goals that I have for this coming year...one of which is to build my own compost bin (YEAH for power tools).


Day 3 is my running shoes.  I haven't run in about a year and yesterday I dusted them off and went for a very quick 2 mile run.  It was a bit chilly but to feel the pavement under my feet and the wind rushing by my ears was exhilarating.  I didn't realize how much I missed this activity and I forgot how strong I feel after a run #strongbodiesaresexy


Day 4 is a shout out to my local library.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the library.  The smell of the books the tactile pleasure of turning the pages just makes me happy.  There is nothing so satisfying as coming out with an armful of books.


What I like about this challenge is that each day I observe my surroundings a little more closely and spend a little more time looking inwards and trying to select something each day that brings a smile to my face and to not pick something that seems easy...but something that is more representative of who I am.

I know a couple of friends are doing photography related challenges that are going to span the year...it excites me to see what they shoot each day and hopefully they will make it through all 365 days.  If you want to see some really beautiful photography check out JVL Studios (she is one of my friends doing the 365 challenge).

So have you ever done something like this?  

If so how did it turn out?  Were you happy/surprised with the results?  Did you keep it up for the entire time you originally set out to (be it 1 week/month/year)?




No comments:

Post a Comment