Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Can I do that 100 times a day?

That is a question I woke up this morning asking myself.

Can I do 100 push ups, 100 crunches, and 100 squats EVERY day?

I think it is the push ups that will be the most challenging for me, not to be sexist, but like lots of women my upper body strength is a bit lacking.


                                               Image result for exercise cartoon

I'm not sure why I chose 100 of each...but that seemed like a nice round number.  Before I chose it I looked on Pinterest, if you ever what some inspiration on exercise challenges take a gander at Pinterest...you will be overwhelmed with possibilities.

My husband surprised me and is going to join me for this challenge.  He wants to recommit to being healthier and the idea of having a partner to keep him accountable is exactly what he needed.

I wanted to make sure that some of my challenges were physical to ensure that I challenged myself both physically and mentally.

Do you know some of the ways that exercise helps?

Besides the obvious getting in better shape it can:

  • Reduce Stress
  • Release endorphins which give you a boost in your happiness
  • Strengthen your cognitive ability
  • Boost your creativity
  • Strengthen your bones and muscles
  • Builds self esteem
  • Make you more productive
I don't know about everyone else...but I could use all of those benefits

My thoughts for this month were to include interesting information about exercise and how it can help keep you healthy and hopefully I can encourage some of you to exercise along with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment