Monday, October 17, 2016

More Than Just a Purge

I am about halfway through the first month of my challenges and I have realized, through the various blog posts I've read and the minimizing that I've done, that the process is much more than just getting rid of stuff.

It's also about using up the items that you have...like those 10 bottles of hotel lotion you bogarted from your previous vacations.

                                                            Image result for use it up wear it out make it do

I don't know about you but I love to pick up the small lotions, shampoos, conditioners, etc from hotels to have "just in case."

You know "just in case" I run out of shampoo I will have this handy dandy super cute small one that can tide me over.

But the truth is we as Americans are never far from our supply of goods.  Grocery stores and box stores are open ALL the time.

I've decided, much to my husband's chagrin, that we'll use up the small size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, soap, and toothpaste.  I know it will be a little tedious to change out the bottles every couple of days BUT there is no need to hoard the items.

What led me to this kick was looking in my linen closet where I keep a drawer of toiletries...I'm a little ashamed of the mess BUT for full disclosure I'll show it to you:



I think it's going to take a while to use everything up...but oh how exciting when it is finally cleaned out.

Are you like me...do you keep sample sizes?  Do you pick them up at every opportunity?

I need to work on this because I don't need to pick them up and bring more stuff into my house.

I've kept up with the purging.  Today I found a stack of books on one of my shelves that I wasn't going to read again, or had not made use of in a long time...so I took them off to Goodwill and hopefully someone else will find them to be useful.


What is the item that you stash away?  I know for some it can be soap or teas...the options are limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment