Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The End is Near

Just two more months till Christmas

That phrase packs a big panic punch for people with children, or perhaps your last minute shoppers.

                                 Image result for last minute shopping

I cannot even imagine the claustrophobic feeling of being in a crowd like that...but yet people do it year after year.

Do they feel full of Christmas spirit?  

Chances are probably not.

Like those last minute shoppers I have a bit of a frantic feeling as I am nearing the close of my month of giving items away.

I want to make sure that I've gone through all of my areas (both at home and at work) to ensure that I've taken stock of my possessions and that what is left is truly something I want to hold on to.

However like kids on Christmas morning I am also excited to kick of the next month, November, and a new challenge:

100 push-ups, 100 crunches, and 100 squats everyday

This is probably the perfect time for this one with Thanksgiving falling in November (I promised my husband I wouldn't do the vegan challenge during November less any relatives think I didn't like their cooking).

I have tried all month long not to dwell on the money that was spent on the items that I have put out of my home.

I did spend some time thinking "Why did I buy this stuff?"  And it leads to feeling a little bad about the money I spent and the time I invested in bringing the items home (not to mention the physical space they occupied for so long).

But a few moments of mindful breathing and I'm ok.  I'm letting go of the negative and focusing on the positive...like how much I love my closet now that it is neat and only has items in it that I enjoy wearing.

This weekend a friend of mine told me about a coat she purchased.  She said the first time that she wore it a friend told her she looked like the Michelin man and she has never worn the coat again.  That was 8 years ago...and she still has the coat.  I wanted to go into her house and take it away, but that is a personal decision for each of us to make about our stuff.

I hope she knows that she is a beautiful woman and doesn't need to hang on to any of these negative vestiges.

Do you have an item that you hang onto even though it only brings up negative feelings?  If so think about  moving it on and out of your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment