Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Last of My 30's

                                                          Image result for panic face

No I don't feel it is horrible, or scary, to be in the last year of my 30's.  People are constantly moving the yardstick for what is the "new 20" so I try to not to concern myself with it.  After all wasn't it Mark Twain who said "Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

I figure as long as I feel like I'm in my 20's, but acting a bit more responsibly then when I was in my 20's everything will work out alright.

Yesterday I was treated by my family to a night where I didn't cook or clean.  They prepared dinner and cleaned up afterwards.

It was heaven!

My favorite part of the evening was dessert.  My husband who can cook but has never baked did so with the help of our 7 year old daughter and 9 year old son.  They made a delicious vanilla cake with buttercream icing from scratch (trying to teach the kids that you don't want to cook from a box).

I think the end result was pretty, really is there such a thing as enough M&M's?


Once I was fully sated with dessert it was time to pick out some item(s) to purge.  Since we were in the dining room I checked out on of the drawers of my china cabinet.  I was stunned to see some many things in one tiny drawer.

I pulled everything out and thought about:
  1. whether I would buy the item again 
  2. do I already have something like it (no need for duplicates)
  3. why I am hanging on to it
I pulled out 5 aprons and two sets of napkin rings that I've never used and don't think I ever will (especially since I don't know how long I've had them...a sure sign that it is time to let them go).






Do you hang on to items because someone gifted them to you, and you think giving the item away will hurt their feelings?

Or do you find you hang on to things "just in case"?  

I'm trying to look at my stuff and realize that in the "just in case" scenario happens there are stores that I could re-buy the item if necessary.




No comments:

Post a Comment